3 replies to this topic

#1 dapping

dapping

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

I was wondering if anybody knew of anyone who does photography lesson's In the NYC area. I am going on a trip next year and would like to get a decent camera and lens. I know nothing about cameras except basic point and shoot stuff. Everything I see is for photography school, that's not what I'm looking for. Just a basic crash course on how to choose a decent camera, how to use it, and a lens. Thanks...

#2 upinjewett

upinjewett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationEAST JEWETT NY

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

If your going for a digital SLR, Price out the basic Models like a Cannon Rebel and go to B&H camera over on 9 th Ave buy it. Then get that model camerea for dummies book and you should be fine. If you shoot on program mode with auto focus it's hard to go wrong and you can grow into the other options as you learn. A lot of the camera stores like B&H and Adorama have learning centers, where you can go for work shops as well. You might also take a look on line at a site called DIGITAL PHOTOGOGRAPHY SCHOOL It's a Canon oriented site in Australia thats really good with archived camera lessons, Happy Shooting

#3 jerseyjohn

jerseyjohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Locationnorthern new jersey

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

agree, I remember researching SLR models and the rebel would be a likely candidate if i went into photography. I decided to go small and own a couple.. canon power shot works good enough for close ups..Also , bought the kodak playsport for the water but I wouldn't recommend it.. one thing is true about camera technology.. it changes fast.. before you learn how to use the one you own, something easier and better for the money comes to market. Do alot of research online. and do enough reading .I also think you will find good product reviews on youtube and watch the cameras brief tutorials. The truth is you should start simple and grow into photography. So buy a couple inexpensive 100.00 cameras first.. most are loaded with enough bells and whistles and learn what you can online.. join a free site like this one on photography. enjoy

#4 JB

JB

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationTOMS RIVER, N.J.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Just a thought. Check out some of the Adult Courses at local Community Colleges, they may have what you are looking for and the cost is usually very reasonable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users