#1 Bruce C

Bruce C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSpring Valley, NY

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of one of our own, a good friend to many of you, and a truly "gentle man", Aaron Hirschhorn (Survivor). As many of you know, Aaron, myself, and Jeff Sanders were close friends and fishing buds. Aaron suffered a debilitating stroke while doing what he loved the most... attending the Lancaster fishing show last week. He was a great friend, mentor, and giving individual.

Funeral arrangements have not been finalized.

I'm sure Jeff and I will have more to say when we gather our thoughts and this sinks in a bit. We will pass along any thoughts and comments posted here to his family.

Bruce C

Attached File  Aaron.jpg   80.86KB   12 downloads

#2 JB

JB

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationTOMS RIVER, N.J.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Bruce,

This is very sad indeed, my prayers go out to all.
In a world of chaos and selfishness, Aaron stood on the opposite bank, a man of generosity, good wit, and true friend to all.
As with many, I will miss him greatly. I know you guys were close, treasure that my friend. I look forward to thinking of Aaron
from time to time in the days and years to come, and I will smile, afterall, how could someone think of Aaron and not smile.
May God Bless.

JB

#3 Lloyd Richards

Lloyd Richards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSayre, Pa.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Hi Bruce
I am so sorry to hear of Aaron's passing. Please pass on my deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Aaron was a real gentelman and a good friend. I was looking forward to seeing him at the Rendezvous next month. He will be deeply missed by all the lives he touched.
With sympathy...Lloyd

#4 Bruce C

Bruce C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

For those of you in the area who knew Aaron, here is the funeral information:

Tomorrow (thursday, 3/14) at 11:00 AM at Hellmans Funeral Home in Spring Valley, NY.

15 State Street
Spring Valley, NY 10977
845-356-8600

Condolences may be sent to the Bernstein/Hirschhorn Family, 10 Windermere Brook Lane, Suffern, NY 10901

#5 SPINNER78

SPINNER78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationWoodsburgh, NY and Denning, NY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Very sad news, passing of a true gentle man, only meet him 10-12 times but always upbeat, great sense of humor, sharing gent. RIP my friend, you will be sadly missed.
Old Omen says "respect is not how many peoples how up to pay respects its who shows up, Ill be there.:(

#6 andy

andy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern Sussex county, NJ

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Aaron was a great guy and I always enjoyed chatting with him whenever our paths crossed. He will be missed.

#7 Bruce C

Bruce C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

As most of you know by now, Aaron Hirschhorn passed away earlier this month. Often, while attending various events at the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum, he would peruse the various plaques displayed at the museum in memory of fly fishermen who had passed on. He would muse that this or that spot might be a good place for his plaque when his time came. That was so typical of Aaron. After consulting with Aaron’s family, we feel this indeed would be a fitting tribute to him.

With this in mind, we are reaching out to his friends, family, and of course, his fly fishing extended family, for contributions toward this effort. ALL contributions will go toward the plaque or memorial and the size and type of the memorial will be determined by the donations received.

All donations will be kept private and any amount will be greatly appreciated.

Checks should be made out to: The Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum (CFFCM) and should be mailed by April 20th, 2013 to:

Bruce Corwin
4 Baldwin Court
Spring Valley, NY 10977

Please remember to mail your checks to me as opposed to the museum. Also, include your email address with your check so Jeff Sanders or myself can acknowledge your generosity and thank you on behalf of his family.

Thanking you in advance,

Bruce Corwin
Jeff Sanders
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users