#1 jjold17

jjold17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Locationnorthern new jersey

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

found em, any body ever use them  instead of them boot foot hipboots? I have old rubber redball hipboots that I will still use but but they are not breathable and certainly not as comfortable as a pants stocking wader I can wear comfortable wading hiking boots...just from my experience :razz: cheers 

#2 RMP

RMP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNJ, PA, NY

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

I bought a pair of breathable stockingfoot hipwaders around 2 years ago.  I use them in warmer weather when the water is lower and for smaller streams.  I got that frog brand because they were the only ones I could find at the time.  They do the job but luckily I have skinny legs because they are extremely tight fitting especially in the calf area.  The other problem is I forget that I'm not wearing full waders anymore and when I bend down to net and release a fish I get a wet butt sometimes.  :???:

#3 jjold17

jjold17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Yes ..I like pants or chest waders these days but they have to be breathables ...the pants (best being gortex) is the best option..but I think the new materials might be worth a trial..I will post my comparison because I owned gortex ones that lasted over ten seasons..they still are great ..not leaking much except very slightly in the neoprene booties..so I will test those new materials soon justo see for myself.

#4 upinjewett

upinjewett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationEAST JEWETT NY

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

I just got the LL Bean pant waders - Good for the money - I'm happy -

#5 jjold17

jjold17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

thanks for the reply jewett, hope you have good luck with them.. i'm going to try my new hodgemans pants and  i still will save for new GS Simms gortex.. my old simms are still amazingly waterproof but showing wear and tear after ten + seasons. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users