21 replies to this topic

#21 troutpunk

troutpunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

my neighbor up on the EB seen otters...to me or any fisherman , this is pretty bad news imho.. I seen  lots of mink too this season flushing little fish from under the rocks looking off the bridges..Bottomline is, the predators and the internet advertising links especially are overwhelming the natives as well as the fewer stockings the DEC does about the past decade.. I definitely see the difference .. oh the deep pools have fish but nothing like a decade ago.. anyone else notice too many them fish ducks? they too  too forage on the little natives depleting what there is in the streams. NYS needs to adopt a better stocking program for the Delaware watershed system. between the floods and internet  research technolgies.. it is the least they can do for our fishing license fees. They do not even stock the reservoirs like they use to do.. too many greedy thugs with deep pockets are in control imho

What is your obsession with stocking?  There is so much great wild trout water in the catskills and you are constantly hung up on the stocking and some conspiracy you seem to think the DEC has. 

#22 fly14

fly14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

Its laughable. I agree that the mergansers do some damage on the trout pops but to say there needs to be increased stocking on the delaware system is just not even close to accurate. And the fact that  JJ thinks the DEC has deep pockets is comical too. They are BROKE. Thats why the stocking is suffering if anything. The rivers are loaded with wild trout and big ones not just "little natives". This year I've also had my best year on the bkill in a long time and have been happy to find many wild browns this year on the lower river, something I had not come across in some time. That along with the wild rainbow pops that seem to be growing every year is a good sign for that river. Despite low flows every summer those fish somehow find a way to make it thru the year. The fish are there, the hatches have been spotty tho. Gotta fish the evening hours and u will find the fish. The wild fish don't rise sloppy either- you need to look for those sneaky noses on the banks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users