6 replies to this topic

#1 upstate rookie

upstate rookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:26 PM

Just talked with a guy from a motel in the area about his shuttle service and we were talking about putting in and taking out locations.

Told me the town sold the launch at the 191 bridge to some private guy and he now charges to use the site . Something about a charge per use or you can join some club for $500.00. FYI

#2 jjold17

jjold17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Locationnorthern new jersey

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:45 AM

I experienced that last year early season,, went down there and he pulled in shortly after to say it is his land (private property) I told him I didn't know..perhaps he has private property no trespassing  signs by now !

#3 WINGNUT

WINGNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationCornwall NY

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:13 AM

Gene is a super nice guy.  He and his wife Ines know all of the put in and take outs for the entire system.  

#4 andy

andy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEastern Sussex county, NJ

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

That launch/take-out site is now owned by Coz of Border Waters Outfitters.  Besides charging for use of the facility he now rents kayaks there.

#5 GaryB

GaryB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

Just wonderful, now more idiots splashing around w kayaks

#6 Grouse

Grouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPutnam County, NY

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:57 PM

I wish there was some way that NY and PA would be able to increase access to the river.  It's a shame that landowners can't be compensated for allowing more access.  I also imagine that the railroad tracks greatly add to any possible access agreements.  There is so much water on these rivers that is difficult to access.  There are people who have lots of knowledge of these issues and I'm sure much has been considered.  I don't deny anyone their rights to fish by boat but I don't care for the increase in boat traffic.  Kayak rentals might add to increased use of the river by non-fishing recreational users.  The increased use of pontoon boats, canoes, kayaks, etc. are a symptom of an access problem. I have a kayak but personally don't find it worthwhile to use to fish from in these rivers.  Drift boats are very functional to fish from and are in a different class.  

#7 jjold17

jjold17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Locationnorthern new jersey

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Also have a sit on top ocean kayak which is okay..my truck can handle two yaks..but I usually fish solo these years , Any pointers for the shuttle service appreciated,,.. i might ask Gene or somebody how that drop off or pick up svc works..it is good to drift and  reach certain pools with limited access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users