#1 quadfish

quadfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMilford, PA

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Hi Folks, it's time to start thinking about what to do on Saturday, February 4, 2017!!  

How about signing up for Fly Fest?   The sign up will help give us an idea of participation level in advance , no commitment involved whatsoever.  I will keep you posted here of any developments as they occur.  If you are on facebook, there is an event page there also.

Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum
1031 Old Route 17, Livingston Manor, New York 12758

Time: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM       Date: 2/4/2017

Sponsored by Catskill Flies of Roscoe, NY this annual event is a good way to "break the ice" and is the first event of 2017 at the Museum. This event is a great way to tie flies with a group. Nothing formal, just a gathering of tyers from all over the area and some from not so close. If you want to tie, socialize or get an early peak at the year's new exhibits, this is a good excuse to get out of the house.

Additional information:  

I neglected to mention in the original posting for this event, there will be a $5.00 entry fee at the door which will be donated to the CFFCM.

Also, we may have a raffle involving the tiers to sweeten the museum donation pot a bit too!

Fly Fest Update for 1/11/2017:

Our sponsor, Catskill Flies, has a legitimate concern about handling the possibility of nasty winter weather on the day of Fly Fest.  Please stay tuned to the Catskill Flies Forum, SGM Forum, or Facebook for up to date information.  If the weather turns bad, Ellen from Catskill Flies will post on their website by 5:30AM if there is a cancellation!!

Also, for all your food concerns, we will not have any catered lunches this year....  Feel free to check out any of the wonderful food establishments in the area or pack a lunch if you would like.

Thanks, it looks like a good deal of interest, keep spreading the word!!

Please sign up by adding a post here!

Thanks, Catskill Flies (Ellen and Dennis) ,    John (Catskill John)  and Rick (quadfish)

#2 northcountryman

northcountryman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationMonticello

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

If im around, I would love to attend :)

#3 quadfish

quadfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMilford, PA

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Fly Fest 2017 Sign Up List:

(I will include the names I'm getting from the different sources we have of those who say they are  "going" )

Richard Outridge
Bob Flynn
John Kavanaugh
Brenda Tempel Parks
Shawn Britton
Alan Barley
Shorty Bartholomew
Kelly Buchta
Northcountryman
Jay Wirth
Jeff Foster
Brian Foster
Esopus Ed
Chuck Coronado
Tim Didas
Bill Newcomb
John Warakomski
Glenn Pontier
MJ Donnelly
"Theroe will show..."   :D 
Jim Green
Jeff Sanders
Donnie Piller
Elmer Hopper
Eric Naguski
Matt Grobert 
Matthew Hunt Grobert
Glenn Cooper
Ramona Texidor
Zugbug "aka: George"
John Ehret
Samantha Mango
Nick Mango
MJ (jeanmarie) Coloney
Tom Trout
Jim Cannon
Matt Beers
Ron Frost
Curt Breeze
Gary Moleon
John LoSapio
Sean Martin
Damon Sobers
The TroutBums of SUNY Syracuse (10 tiers)
John Bonasera
Rick and Sara Fischer and Jillian 

*In addition there are now at least 40 or more folks showing interest..!!! :D

#4 quadfish

quadfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMilford, PA

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

Additional information:  

I neglected to mention in the original posting for this event, there will be a $5.00 entry fee at the door which will be donated to the CFFCM.

Also, we may have a raffle involving the tiers to sweeten the museum donation pot a bit too!

Thanks, Rick

#5 quadfish

quadfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMilford, PA

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:33 AM

Fly Fest Update for 1/11/2017:

Our sponsor, Catskill Flies, has a legitimate concern about handling the possibility of nasty winter weather on the day of Fly Fest.  Please stay tuned to the Catskill Flies Forum, SGM Forum, or Facebook for up to date information.  If the weather turns bad, Ellen from Catskill Flies will post on their website by 5:30AM if there is a cancellation!!

Also, for all your food concerns, we will not have any catered lunches this year....  Feel free to check out any of the wonderful food establishments in the area or pack a lunch if you would like.

Thanks, it looks like a good deal of interest, keep spreading the word!!

-Rick :D  

#6 TomTrout

TomTrout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationBloomingburg NY

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:06 AM

I'm in

#7 quadfish

quadfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMilford, PA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:27 AM

This could well be the biggest Fly Fest yet!!

3 weeks and counting, looking good!!

Keep spreading the news....

Thanks, Rick Fischer

#8 quadfish

quadfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMilford, PA

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

With only 2 weeks remaining until Fly Fest, I just want to say enthusiasm seems to be building to a feverish pitch!!

It should be close to a full house, not quite full because, unfortunately some cannot make it...

Looking forward to seeing everybody there and continue to spread the word, I'm sure we can make room for more!!  

-Rick :D

#9 quadfish

quadfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMilford, PA

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:46 AM

One last final ultimate Fly Fest 2017 plug.........  and then that's it!!  

The weatherman looks like he wants to cooperate.  It's going to be cold, but no snow expected!!  Let's keep our fingers crossed just the same!!

Agnes is warming up the oven and the coffee pot and the Wulff Gallery is the place to be this coming Saturday!!!

We expect to see a whole lot of familiar faces and a whole lot of new faces.  That's what makes the day so great!!  All ages are welcome and encouraged too!!!

One final mention, as per our sponsor Catskill Flies, if the weather does somehow turn out to be nasty, there is a possibility of cancellation.  However, that is the only reason for a cancellation!!  So, if you have any questions, stay tuned here on Friday evening/ Saturday morning.  Notification will be available here...

Thank you, hope to see you Saturday and drive safely, Rick  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users