#1 jjold17

jjold17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Locationnorthern new jersey

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

I tried but anywhere I was even lower bk  and upper didn't produce..also it was windy Saturday Sunday was hail huge ts bursts 10.30am i..Friday was the best weather day but notta eod..nothing major but some small sporadic caddis hatching late am and some after 4pm on but no fish but a few natives,, i didn't see any stockies either ..but them heavy severe ts  and down pour warnings might impact..see lot for coming weekend too! sheesh!

#2 GaryB

GaryB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

JJ

I was also up Saturday, saw a lot of caddis flying around, but no hendricksons at all. I was on EB until 2:30 windy and no activity. Then I drove the up the BK, 3 guys at Cairns

not fishing, guess waitnig for the hatch that never came. Never saw so few guys at Cairns, outside of winter/summer. Stopped at the Willo where there were 3 TU clubs all over the place and again no hendos. Now the site is saying hendos dying down, when was it good, a couple of weekdays? Very disappointing. 

But I will be back up next week

#3 skykomish

skykomish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationTuxedo Park, NY

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Yesterday I was on the upper East Branch and there was a good hatch of Hendricksons coming off around 2:30 - 4:30 PM, along with lots of other bugs. And the trout were taking the Hendricksons off of the surface. But alas, the water was too smooth and glassy for my not-so-delicate casting to fool any trout. But it was great fun just to see the bugs and get to dig through my Hendrickson imitations in an effort to toss something that worked. Let's hope there are still some around when the water levels drops down again.

Skykomish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users