#1 lpette

lpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationOakhurst, NJ

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

Fished the East Branch solo for 4 days and had a great trip. Caught fish on March Browns, sulfurs, marabou leeches and assorted streamers when they weren't rising. The conditions were good but had to dodge a few thunderstorms here and there. wound up with 18 fish for the few days I was there and quite a few were nice fish.

Always a pleasure fishing up there. I feel very lucky and thankful to be able to do it.

Nice meeting and speaking with Dick and Clayton as well.

Leif

IMG_0067_zpsahvyfu6b.jpeg

IMG_0785_zpsqb9bmy8n.jpg

#2 Fly Guy

Fly Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

Great pics Leif !!! Good to hear that the East Br. treated you well . I stopped at Long Flat on Friday , but anglers hatch sent us elsewhere. 

Was in Roscoe from Tuesday after Memorial Day to Sunday . We fished the Beaverkill for most of the time there. Great bug activity everyday , the dark blue sedge were unbelievable !!! Had my best hour ever fishing Green Drake duns on Saturday , the bugs came and the fish wanted the big bugs . was incredible 

to catch over a dozen nice fish in such a short period of time . No dinks either, best fish measured 18 in my bag , didn't get to photograph in my location  but

that brown had those bluish cheeks they develop at that size, like one you posted . Overall great trip and also so grateful to be able to go and experience a

remarkable drake hatch , I've waited a long time for that one !!! Hope others had the same experience . 

#3 lpette

lpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationOakhurst, NJ

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Thanks Fly Guy. I appreciate it. Glad you had a good trip as well.

Best,

Leif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users