Here are mine. Add your own.
TOP TEN “WHYS” OF FLYFISHING
- Why do you find golf balls in trout streams but never find trout flies on a golf course?
- Why do you find only # 16 hackles on a neck when you’re tying # 14 flies?
- Why do hackle pliers slip on the last turn and not the first turn?
- Why do 7X tippets break at dusk but not at noon?
- Why do new waders develop leaks and old ones you want to replace don’t?
- Why do you sneeze right after you’ve sorted and stripped a dozen pairs of hackle tip wings?
- Why do you not remember that tip for tying pattern “X” that you picked up from Dennis until you’ve tied 10 of the dozen you wanted to make?
- Why is it that when you’re almost done with a fly and think, “Hey, this is gonna be one of the better ones”, the thread breaks as you’re tying off the hackle?
- Why does your bird dog that won’t pick up a woodcock pick up your # 1 Metz neck when you get up to answer the phone?
- Why do we consider a person who is too busy to go fishing a success?